Foundation Presents Listen Learn Care Awards
The March 2018 Difference Makers Leadership Forum featured the presentation of the 2018 Listen Learn Care Awards to a number of individuals and organizations that excel in serving humanity. Recipients included:
- Boca Helping Hands, Boca Raton − A community-based 501(c)(3) organization that was formed in 1998 by a group of local religious congregations, the organization operates a food center and a resource center offering help for Boca Raton residents in crisis situations.
- Child Advocates, Indianapolis − The Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) chosen by the courts in Marion County, Indiana, to represent the best interests of abused and neglected children through advocacy, monitoring, evaluation, fact-finding and mediation.
- Gratitude Training, Pompano Beach − A powerful, exciting and impactful approach to reorienting its participants’ way of “being” to more effectively support them in reaching their goals, creating success and fully experiencing gratitude and joy.
- Heifer International, Little Rock, Ark. − For more than 70 years, the international organization has provided livestock and environmentally sound agricultural training to improve the lives of those who struggle daily for reliable sources of food and income.
- Junior League of Boca Raton − An organization of local women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers.
- Old School Square Center for the Arts, Delray Beach − A National Historic Site in downtown Delray Beach where beautifully restored, early 20th century school buildings serve South Florida with visual and performing arts, entertainment and enrichment.
- Remington Fiore, Parkland − A graduating senior at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School who has excelled both academically and in service to the community.